Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bump In The Night!

I woke up this morning at 3:45am to my car alarm going off. I went outside to check it out, and somebody had hit the hood of my car with a hammer or a screwdriver or something. I went back to bed and about ten minutes later, my alarm went off again, and somebody had put a second dent in my hood!

I called the police this morning around seven, and they promptly came to have me fill out a report. The police officer told me that it was definitely somebody who was doing it intentionally to me, and asked me if I have any enemies. Omigosh! I don't necessarily have enemies, but there are people who don't like me. But are there any that would really go out of their way to damage my property?!! It's kind of exciting to me in way. Somebody out there feels like I am important enough, and I have damaged their ego enough, to drive all the way to Spanish Fork to vandalize something that I don't really care about. It's just a car. And it makes me laugh a little bit inside.

My comepletely random: The world needs one religion. I hate to use the word religion too. The very word suggest that one should conform to a certain way of thinking. It's not Mormonism. It's not Catholicism. It's not Islam. I actually think it should remain nameless. It's fundamental belief system should be the cessation of pain and suffering, the appreciation of beauty and diversity, the recognition of everyone's desire to be happy and to be loved. I also believe that at the head of this religion, should be a Creator who should remain nameless and formless. This creator could be represented as a man, or a woman, or even a sunset, or a beautiful melody.

This thought just popped into my head as I was sitting on my back porch this morning. I'm sure I need to think it through a lot more. But, hmmm, maybe I'm onto something.

4 comments:

G said...

Who the hell is hurting my chaddies car... they better not lay a FINGER on him!!! Cause they haven't seen my bitchy side.. so who ever it is BACK THE HELL UP!!! don't mess with my man.
About the religion I like.. very pure and simple... as it should me.

Unknown said...

WOW Chad, you are an influential individual. I am right there with you on the fact that you could inspire so much passion in someone to make them do that... kinda flattering!

I agree with you on the religion thing only it wouldn't even have to be called a religion. It could be more like a mantra or mission statement that would make everyone better people :) You are a cutie!

Laura Blue said...

i'm sorry to hear that about your car. i'm way surprised with your reaction though...you're so strong to not show more anger. i'd be pissed. i like what dari said about the religion

Tresca said...

geez chad -- be kind to those who hate you, because their every thought is consumed by you

i'm glad you're ok