Friday, January 18, 2008

Goodbye, Tumey.


I finally had the tumor, Jeremy so lovingly named Tumey, removed from my back. I am so glad to have it gone. The surgery went well, except for it was a little bigger and deeper than anticipated, and at one point I could feel the slicing of fibers that held it to the ligament near my spine because it wasn't numbed deep enough. It hurt so bad I nearly jumped off the table. Other than that, it went swimmingly. I did ask to keep little Tumey, so I could take a picture, but I just realized how disgusting and weird that really is, and I'm sure I'll throw it away soon. But, cheers to no more sleeping sitting up, no more back aches, and hopefully fewer headaches.

7 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

I could have used that tumor.....they are giving away Hannah Montana tickets at a local radio station for wierd things like that...oh well that is something you should not have, hope you recover well!

ForeverSarahLee said...

Ok... Wow. At first I thought that was some nasty looking soup. Then, maybe it was something gross you saw in a jar at one of those dirty Quick One marts or something. But EWW Chaddy... That's gross!

But I am glad that everything went well. I'm glad you have better/brighter days to look forward to now... without your ugly friend there. Love ya!

kacee said...

Chaddy - That is disgusting! I am so glad you finally got it out but PLEASE throw it away! Hope you are recovering okay! Love you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing that disgusting picture with us, I almost lost my breakfast...

But on the other hand I am very glad that thing is out if you!! Happy healing, love you!

larrandsall said...

Chad, we sure do miss you back in Utah. Looks like things are going good for you. That sure is a nasty tummer

ForeverSarahLee said...

Ok yeah... STILL gross to look at. Blah!

I'm SO sad that I missed you at my mom's class. Did you just LOVE it?!
Sad...

But guess who'll be down at the stpre scrapbooking ALL day THIS Saturday? Your fave girls! (and yes, that includes ME)
;0)

Laura Blue said...

that kinda is disgusting.... but i hope you feel much much better