Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Party Like A Moxstar.



Okay, someone out there (one of the three of you who look at my blog) is wondering what is a "moxstar"? First, let me start off by giving you the definition of the word moxie. It actually is a word, in the dictionary. I'd never heard of this word until Christmas, when I got a small book of quotes about it from my mom. This is how the dictionary defines it:

mox·ie [mok-see]
–noun Slang.
1. vigor; verve; pep.
2. courage and aggressiveness; nerve.
3. skill; know-how.

This how my little book defines it:

"Moxie. It's a street-smart spirit that's as old as recorded history, and as new as the rising sun. David had it; Goliath didn't. It's that intagible tangible. You don't learn it in school and you can't get it from a book. It can jump oceans and move mountains. It says, "Make your life what it can be. Take your life wherever it can go."

I came up with this little word "moxstar" while driving around town with my mom over Christmas, and it makes me smile everytime I say it. I love moxie, and I want more of it. So I say, "Get addicted to moxie. Live your life like you are a moxstar." Why not, huh?

3 comments:

kacee said...

Ummm, you do realize that tomorrow is your last day in this state and you told your favorite niece that you would see her everyday before you left? Uh, where are you?

On another note, live it up - I know you can be the uLTiMaTe MoXSTaR! Love you Chaddy!

shabbyscrapper said...

i can't wait to see you when you arrive in sunny arizona!
i need a good back rub and a good haircut! LOL
i read several of your old blogs and loved the one about being found dead and naked in the tanning bed! what a visual!
i think of you often, even though i don't make the effort to call or write...please forgive me? you know i love you!
come by asap when you get here!
SP

Laura Blue said...

i think of those chocolates that are sold at target when you say moxie... it makes me hungry. lol anyway, you'll be here tomorrow i assume. hope to hear all about the move and i hope you adjust well. let me know when you'll be stopping by my mom's so i get meet you there. miss ya