Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hey, Martha! Mimi's Has The Best Corn Chowder!


I've been a slacker at this blog thing lately. Just a little recap since the surgery: I recovered for a couple days and then I've just been working at Mimi's. By the way, if I had blogged at all in these past few days, I'm sure it would all be about how much I hate the Mimi's here, and how much I miss the peeps in Orem. No, seriously. I hate it. Who told all the snowbirds in Arizona that they should go to Mimi's for their cup 'o corn chowder? And why does every single one of them insist on asking me how tall I am? Trust me, I get at least five or so clever comments from these old timers a day. Comments like, "Is it true heat rises?" or "Weren't you just drafted to the Suns?" No, sir. Actually, I'm not seven feet tall, I hate basketball, and I'm also dating your grandson. Heart attack. (Thank you, that needed to come out and it's better it came out in written form.) To their credit, I have had a few really sweet elderly guests since I've been here...

Also, if I had blogged I'm sure there would've been just a little "heart" angst in there too, but not too much. I've been dealing with that through music therapy. And lately, the man who can communicate every feeling I have been feeling through music and lyrics, is good ol' Ray. Ray LaMontagne. He is amazing and I highly suggest that anyone who enjoys good talent to get on iTunes right now and download his CD "Till The Sun Turns Black." My personal favorite is "Lesson Learned," but they are all equally good. I'm leaving you with a clip of him performing "Empty." Enjoy!

3 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

OMG Chad you are so funny! So how tall are you anyway? Do you have to special order your jeans? I was dying laughing when I read your latest blog.

Unknown said...

ha ha I totally remember how everyone used to ask you that at American Eagle. Remember how we solved that problem... write I am 6'6" {in the pants ha ha} on your name tag so there won't be any confusion!

Chris {or I on his behalf} gets that same question all the time. But then they proceed to say, "You are pretty tall too, you guys are gonna have HUGE kids". Thanks for that obvious and annoying observation. Mind you I will be the one that has to push that gargantuan child out of my vagina!!!!! ha ha So in some ways, I can relate!

Tell those snowbirds to quit being so cheap and tip you better!

Jen said...

You're funny, my love. (Yeah, I remembered my password.)