Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary. Thrilling.


Do you know the best selling album of all time? I'm sure you do. It's Michael Jackson's Thriller. (I knew you knew.) It has sold over 104 million records worldwide, and this month marked its 25th anniversary. In honor of the rerelease of the CD, Michael Jackson collaborated with a few artists to remake some of the Thriller classics. Akon doing "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" is amazing, and it's been repeated over and over on my iPod. So, this morning as I surfed the internet trying to get my daily dose of information, I came across a story about the Thriller anniversary on the National Public Radio website, and that led me to one of the funniest things I've seen in quite awhile. These are the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center inmates, in the Philippines, performing to "Thriller." I'm not quite sure if this is a voluntary exercise or if any of these inmates enjoy doing this, but the balding transvestite should get some sort of award for his portrayal of Michael Jackson's girlfriend. Since it's release last Wednesday, 11 million people have watched it on YouTube!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I love these guys!! Chris and I love checking every now and then for the new ones. You should look up some of the older ones if you haven't seen them yet. They do a Sister Act song too... HILARIOUS!!!!

Laura Blue said...

go MJ. love that video from utube! never get sick of watching it. miss you too chaddy!

kacee said...

Pretty cool! Reminds me of 13 going on 30 {which mom gave me for my birthday 3 years ago}Adi watched this a MILLLION times! Over and over and over and over and over...get my point? Anyway she loves this dance, not quite sure she would like it as much without Jenna-rennifer though! :)

sweet pickles said...

Thanks for sharing that. Good to see tax dollars so well spent! :)

come sit awhile... said...

Boy, those CPRDC boys really know how to bust a move, don't they? I love the matching outfits! Although, I must admit, I kept looking for the vampire girlfriend...you know...transvestite! Duh, mom!
Great You Tube, but my favorite is still the Bot Fly!