Monday, February 4, 2008

Speak On It, Sister.


Okay. I'm not really sure what I want to blog about tonight. But I need to speak on something.

I cleaned the condos today. I am so glad to be almost done with the first twelve, and then I can have a few minutes in between the next phase to breathe. I'm not complaining at all. The money is fantastic, but it is hard work. I've been breaking out in hives the last four days like crazy, and I am thoroughly convinced that it is because of the dust and cleaning supplies. I am responsible for buying all the cleaning supplies, and so far, I'm about four hundred plus dollars in the hole from having to purchase vacuums, cleaning solutions, and other miscellaneous things. I highly enjoy jobs where I can just rely on myself, put my iPod in my ears, and then just work my a** off. It's so nice to have a whole day to just think to myself. Here is a small little list about things that crossed my mind today while working:

1. My pee is a really weird fluorescent yellow today. (Due to the B vitamin complex I just started.)
2. I am voting for Barack Obama this presidential election should he receive the Democratic nomination.
3. One should use paper towels over cloth towels when cleaning windows.
4. I really enjoy Tom Petty, and I'm not so disappointed Paula Abdul didn't perform during the half time Super Bowl show.
5. I'm not going to be around people who don't make me feel loved.
6. The Radio From Hell morning show on X 96.3 is really a very funny show and a highlight of my day.
7. I love my new wet/dry vac.
8. Who is this guy Brian D. Reagan who has obituary-type signs spanning all along the Wasatch Front?
9. I love Bright Eyes.
10. How am I going to pay my 14k in student loans back?

Can I just say that I'm glad the writer's strike is supposed to be off by the end of the week because television is getting really ridiculous. Has anyone every really watched the new American Gladiators show? It is probably the biggest waste of an hour television spot I have ever witnessed in my entire life. I still try not to watch TV because it really is a waste of time, and most of the time not very uplifting, but Jen and I were eating our Bajio salads and had nothing better to do. Oh, my gosh. Everything was so lame, and definitely not suitable for any viewer. TV rating = NB (Nobody).

I'm leaving you with a tribute to Bright Eyes, one of the most brilliant lyricists/poets/musicians in the world. I heard three of his songs today while my iPod shuffled busily through 30GB of pure musical bliss. He says what I just can't find words to express. This song has an especially sentimental value to me. It's not one of his best songs, but it makes me smile because it reminds me of someone who I love very much, when he still loved me very much. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with almost every one of your thoughts. Especially the TV one and Radio From Hell.

That is totally my favorite Bright Eyes video and I haven't seen it forever! It made me tear up for sure! You made the pregnant lady cry... that's not hard to do ha ha

I love you and want to see you soon!