Thursday, February 14, 2008

Counting Sheep Doesn't Work.


It's nearly four in the morning. I can't sleep. Something inside of me feels uneasy and unsettled. I don't know what it is, but it's making me sick to my stomach. I want to cry, but I don't have a reason to do so. I've never had insomnia this bad.

I met a man tonight that said he thinks about putting a gun in his mouth everyday. I can't stop thinking about that. The whole conversation/situation makes me sad. How do you take that kind of pain away from someone? I saw so much torture in his eyes when he told me, and all I did was tell him not to say such a horrible thing. Now, I wish I had said ten thousand different things to him. More guilt.

Guilt. That is why I am awake tonight. It all makes perfect sense. I hate myself because of the guilt I carry. I feel guilty for a hundred different things. I feel guilty that I hurt people I love (I'm sorry, Mom). I feel guilty that I waste so much time. I feel guilty that I am not a better human being. But most of all, I feel guilty that I let so many people down.

I need to be up at eight. I'd better try to go to bed again. Thanks for text messaging me, Dan. I'm glad you were awake, too.

3 comments:

angiedunn said...

Okay, that 10 minutes & 8 seconds has me crying. Thanks for the reminder, yo. Have a happy day, hopefully one that includes a nap!

Mike Bartholomew said...

Forcing those sheep to be counted is not very humane! I would prefer if you counted fish or carrots in the future.

come sit awhile... said...

Oh Chaddy...

I wish you were here! We could snuggle and watch "Family Guy" and eat leftover candy.

Thanks for sharing the video. It kinda puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

Sorry about the "good parents" part of achieving your dreams, but, hey...you've got everything else going for you! Right?!?

And about the (sorry mom) comment..."Stop with your bad self!"

You're the whipped cream on my mug of hot cocoa!

xoxo