Saturday, June 14, 2008

The "X," Not The Ex.



As much as I want to call; as much as I want to text; and as much as I want to email; I won't. My reward: a big red "x" marked in the square on the calendar of the days that I don't. My equivalent to a gold star. It's quite pathetic, I know, but the human heart feels what it feels, and my heart feels broken. And if it takes me indicating my restraint on a given Monday or a distraction on the following Friday to help it mend, then that's what I'll do.

The good news: every "x" on my calendar is day a that the pain is a little more dulled, the sense of missing Adam eases, and the hope that better days are coming becomes more believable. Those little red "x"s are marching further and further away from June 9th (the last time I communicated with Adam), and before you know it they'll be skipping into September, and then dancing through December!

I welcome Singledom with open arms.

5 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

You are a "GILF" (I heard that term on "My Name is Earl" the other night, I just had to use it! Many people love you!
Why did you go back to Utah, aren't their better opportunities here? Both work and relationship wise? Come back to the 115 degrees of Hell!

G said...

Good job Chaddie!! You can do it!

Unknown said...

Yay, what a great idea and great attitude!!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

you amaze me. i love you. if you need a distraction you can come hang out with amie and me and our plus size beautiness (is that a word?) that would distract anyone, right? right! anyway, keep it up..you rock! did you get amie's invite? are you coming?

Ang said...

Hey Chaddy....loved hanging out the other day. When are we going to play some more GH? Ang.