Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving



I have many things to be thankful for. As I've grown older, I've realized that the key to being happy is to realize how truly lucky I am to have so many wonderful blessings in my life. I also believe that if I keep a constant prayer of gratitude in my heart, I can experience a state of constant bliss. It's like the quotation says, how can I complain about not having new shoes when there are people who have no feet! I take for granted everyday, the simple (and not so simple) things that my Heavenly Father so graciously gives to me. I am not entitled to anything, and how easily I forget that! I love Thanksgiving. I love that it brings families and friends together, to sit and eat and spend time together. I love that this is a holiday where there is no confusion as to what the day is for. It is simply a day to reflect on our blessings and to give thanks to those who bestow them upon us.

2 comments:

kacee said...

Super excited to have you come tomorrow! Please come with your lists and a short thought on thankfulness! j/k But you better bring your A game cuz we are going to play some serious games! Love you Chaddy, I am thankful for you, your love, your support and your example!

Unknown said...

You always speak so beautifully. I agree with you that we are a very blessed people and need to remember from whom the blessings flow :) I am thankful for you and your priceless friendship. You are my BFF always!