Monday, November 19, 2007

Now, the Waiting Game.



Well, the State Boards are finished. I know I passed the written portion already because they give you the score right after you take it, but the practical/hands-on portion of it isn't isn't scored immediately. I have to wait for 3-4 weeks to get the results. There were a couple mistakes that I realized, but they were nothing that would have caused me to fail the test. I did, however, cut my damn thumb during the hair shaping section of the test, and I am a little iffy on whether or not I handled the blood spill correctly. They made me do another blood spill, which they weren't supposed to, and I didn't have enough plastic biohazard bags for the second blood spill because I already used them for the first one! So, I'm not quite sure what to think about the whole thing. I'm just going to wait it out and hope for the best. But, I do have to admit the thought of having to repay all the fees, drive two hours to the testing site, and to test for five hours does sound unbearable!




The lighter side of this day, was that my dear friend, Dari, and her husband Chris, live just south of Ogden, and I was able to spend the night at their house. We went out to eat at El Burrito (who by the way charges $1 to refill the chip bowl. Are chips that expensive?) and then retuned home to let our stomachs settle. We watched the cutest little movie called Paris Je T'Aime, which is a full length film that is composed of 18 or so short films about people's relationships in Paris. After our food settled a little bit, Chris treated me to a Tiger's Blood snow cone with ice cream on top. Mmm. Dari and I then met up with a friend in SLC who's boyfriend was having a birthday party. Dari and I have not had "Chad and Dari time" for quite a while. It was nice to be able to relax in the company of someone who just makes me feel so comfortable and loved. Added bonuses: Her husband, Chris, and little Cooper the Pooper, and Sigur Rós music videos. Oh, yeah, and if you ever do stay at the Perry household, the turndown service is amazing; complete with Sour Patch Kids on the pillow!


Kacee made a gourmet meal on Sunday night. Slow cooked pork, black beans with sauteed onions, homemade tortillas, and all the fixings for tacos and burritos. It was delicious! What's a Mexican meal without the blended mixed drinks (virgin, of course)? Yup, Mike made his famous Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daquiris! After-meal activities: Wii, Taboo, and "The Amazing Race." The kids were as cute as ever, and they look bigger and more grown up everytime I visit. I feel so much love when I go to the Bartholomew's house. I looked around at the family and it made me a little sad to think that in just a little over four weeks, this source of so much happiness will be so far away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay I loved our "Chad and Dari" time as well! I love you!