Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Scared and Almost "Weeping"

Last night I went over to Kacee's to do her hair, but I forgot my tint brushes, bowls, and gloves. We postponed the appointment until tonight when I get off work. I brought her a CD filled with songs from my new all time most favorite indie/folk band, The Weepies. I was so excited to introduce to her to them because they are just such a happy band, full of optimistic lyrics, and such invested vocals. Since we had the whole night free, we decided to go Christmas decoration shopping and hit up a party (not a party party, but the candle/jewelry/tupperware kind) in West Jordan. We popped the CD into the Burb, fastened our seat belts, and set out into the storm.

The roads were icy, the snow was falling, and the wind was blowing. There was a little traffic because it was still closer to rush hour traffic than not, and everyone seemed to slow to a cautious speed as a result of the impending blizzard... except for Kacee! I've always been amazed at how she weaves through lanes of traffic. She's never been afraid to slam on the gas pedal to merge into a lane of traffic. I can think of several occasions when I've braced myself between the seat and the glove box due to a suddent jolt of the brakes and the rapid approach of the tail lights of the car in front of us. She jovially carried a conversation as if she were commuting a country road on a summer day. She showed no fear, meanwhile, I was clenching the sides of my seats, praying we didn't spin off the road. Luckily, the storm let up early into the trip, and I was able breathe normally.

This is a perfect example of how my sister decides to go somewhere (metaphorically and literally), sunshine or storm, and arrives right on schedule. I will always recall my love for her and this memory when I listen to my treasured Weepies.

3 comments:

Laura Blue said...

can't wait to see how kacee's hair turns out. and you'll have to take some pics of the snow... for the arizonans that don't ever get to see that. miss you and love you tons chaddy

kacee said...

Am I really that bad of a driver? Sorry for scaring you, I can't even think of what you are referring to...

ForeverSarahLee said...

Man I sure do miss you!

Remind me to NOT buy a car when we finally get up to UT. Lol! I think AZ drivers are bad enough in bad weather here, the random times we actually GET some... Lol!

I hope you have an amazing weekend Chaddy! Love ya