Monday, December 3, 2007

Best (and Most Exhausting) Weekend Ever!





Kacee and Mike went out of town this weekend, and I was able to stay at the house for a few days and watch the little darlings (and the little shit, Miley)! We kept busy cleaning up messes, watching "shows," making art projects, cleaning up messes, reading stories, playing hide-and-go-seek, and cleaning up more messes. It was a good time filled with new cherished memories, and I learned a few things too:

1. I don't want to be a parent anytime soon. Being an uncle is okay for now.
2. I never want a dog.
3. I actually can function on four hours sleep.
4. Being a mom is a full-time job.
5. Patience is definitely a virtue.
6. I love my nieces and nephew more than anything in this world.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They are all adorable! Isn't it funny how parents can have more patience for their own children. If I am around other people's kids too long... I don't want any either ha ha What a good uncle you are!

kacee said...

You are the BEST uncle ever! We appreciate all you did this weekend and we are going to miss you SOOOO stinkin' much {nothing to do with the babysitting, promise} The kids had a great time and Adi even wrote her sharing story for school about Uncle Chad babysitting - its cute, you will have to make sure she reads it to you!

Laura Blue said...

wow were you all alone? that's awesome! and i agree with you... no pets! children are enough for me lol

ForeverSarahLee said...

Oh, honey! I bet you did an excellent job at it.

No kids for you right now though? Dang, I bet a few girls hopes just died when you said that. Lol!